Sunday, May 23, 2010

We came, we saw, we wiggled....

Ellie has been sick for a bit over a week now. It started with just a bit of childcare-itis, the sniffles, but has developed into a nasty virus with snot, fevers, crankiness, clingyness, more snot, occasional vomiting, did I mention snot? and a seal like bark.

We bought tickets ages ago to see the Wiggles on Thursday. Ellie is quite the fan. Loves all the songs. She had a pretty good sleep the night before and seemed pretty good that morning so we decided to still go after some ummming and ahhhing. She slept on the way down,



Once in St Kilda we had some lunch and then entered the Palais to see the concert. I've never actually been to the Palais Theatre before. Driven past it plenty of times. It was pretty amazing inside.



 
Here are the kids waiting outside.                                                             







and having a bit of a stretch.


Bugs and Ellie were in their seats. Bugs was kind of jumpy and seemed nervous. He held his ears the whole way into our seats. I think the crowd was pretty overwhelming for him - and loud. I brought his safety ear goggles with us. I usually put them on him at home if I need to vacuum as previously if I brought the vaccum out he would get very anxious and either try and put it away - or run down the back of the house and close the door trying to get away from the noise. Anyhow, I brought them, which was great. As soon as I put them on him he smiled and sat still and relaxed.

Here's some photos of the concert and the kids.


So, it was fun. The kids really loved it. Bugs smiled and clapped, Ellie sat there with her jaw dropped and eyes wide open, especially when Murray walked around the aisles waving. I don't think she could believe it.

Unfortunately our night didn't end up so well as around 6 that night Ellie's temperature went up and up and panadol wouldn't get it down. She also was super lethargic. I took her into the hospital.
I was thinking they would look in her ears etc and send us home, instead they wanted a urine and a blood test ontop of all the poking and prodding. Ellie handled it all really well. Even the blood test which amazed me. Maybe she was just too sick to care. 5 hours later they got the paedatric doctor to come and have a look and tell us if we were staying or going. They were just concerned by how high her temperature was and also what was causing it. As all the tests were clear he sent us home - both very weary and glad to go home.


                        Here's the poor possum in hospital after a very long day.

2 comments:

  1. I so have to take the boys when the wiggles are next in town!
    Poor Ellie. I hope she is better soon. Next Monday. We will aim for a catch up hey??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next time we can all go together!
    The boys would have loved it. It was pretty fun.
    Next Monday it is. Hope today went ok for you guys.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete