Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ouch.

Tonight is Bug's school concert. But I am home. Poor Ellie has been sick for a couple of days and has been throwing up all day ..... so....  what do you do when you are torn?

I love going to the school concert, and have been looking forward to it for weeks. Just sitting there with a smile on your face while your child is up on stage doing their thing. Felt so bad tonight I actually cried.

Ellie obviously couldn't go and throw up between acts and she has been clinging to me like I am her life today - just couldn't leave her at home. I'm also admittedly still feeling paranoid as last time she was sick she had a seizure and I really don't want to go through that again.

So now I sit here, feeling like I've missed out on a moment I shouldn't have and I feel so guilty and sad at the same time. What kind of a parent misses out on their child's school concert?

Big Loch and his mum have gone - so at least he will have a cheering squad and Loch is going to video it for me - so I'll have to watch it with the little guy when he gets home.

My heart broke a little when Bugs was told to hop in the car - and he ask me to put my shoes on: "shoes" and pointed to my feet.

Ouch and sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jen :( No wonder I couldn't find you! Poor Ellie. Lachie was just gorgeous! There will be lots more concerts to go to, so don't worry. Braeden was looking for Ellie all night. He kept seeing little girls and asking if it was Ellie. I hope she is better soon. Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete