Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going down the drain ....












Ellie has a fear of the drain in the bath.
Today after her bath, I tried to show her what happens when you pull the plug out.
As a test for her I put several little people












and a Barbie in the bath while pulling out the plug as our sacrifice.

So thinking I am mother of the year and have all the solutions to her fears Ellie just looks at me and says
"my toe will get stuck, and it will go away, and wont be part of my body any more".
What can I say to that other than, no it wont?
Finally she ends it with "our bath is very scary".

I'm sure as she grows her fears will change to other things that I in my wisdom will try to conquer but really she will probably just conquer and work these things out on her own, all I can do at the meantime is wrap her in a towel and reassure her she still has 10 toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment